Your roofing system is your property’s first line of defense against the elements. As such, it’s vital that your roof remains in top shape at all times. Here are the five signs that it’s time to have your old roof replaced.
1. The Roof Is Sagging – If your roof is sagging, that means it’s suffering from an underlying structural issue and needs to be replaced immediately. These structural issues typically stem from problems with the decking or the attic or major issues with your foundation’s supports. Regardless of the cause, it’s always best to replace a sagging roof.
2. The Shingles Are Cracked – Strong winds can cause your shingles to crack. If only a few shingles are cracked, then you can get by with roof repair. However, if the cracks are widespread, you’ll likely need to invest in a full roof replacement.
3. The Shingles Are Curling – Curling shingles are another sign that your roof is at the end of its service life. This issue is usually caused by weathering and can leave your home vulnerable to leaks if left unattended.
4. Your Roof Is More Than 20 Years Old – Most roofing systems are only manufactured to last for 15 to 25 years. If your roof has been properly maintained, you may be able to expand its lifespan, but ultimately every aging roof will require replacement at some point.
5. Granules Are in the Gutter – If your roof is brand new and you begin to find granules in the gutter, you don’t need to worry as these are just excess granules that have worked themselves loose. But if your roof has a few decades behind it and it’s losing its granules, you need to start planning for replacement.
Need to have your roof replaced? Look no further than V. Nanfito Roofing & Siding, Inc. When it comes to residential and commercial roof replacement services, we are the leading roofing contractor to approach. Give us a call at (203) 639-1634 or fill out our contact form to get a FREE estimate.